What's characteristic about bespoke business systems is that those are precisely tailored to meet the individual needs of the target user group. The broad spectrum of possibilities and other advantages make the applications of this type a frequent choice for many entrepreneurs who decide to invest in software. One of the reasons why they choose custom solutions is the way those are implemented in a company. How is this process carried out and why is it more likely to be successful than in the case of off-the-shelf solutions?
Stages of a bespoke system implementation
Once the application has been installed on your chosen server, it is time for the implementation of the solution which consists of 5 stages where we complete the below tasks.
1. Import data. At the very beginning, we need to import all the relevant data to the application to ensure it can function properly. Depending on the type of software, it can be e.g. customer-related data, stock levels, documents, etc. You can enter the relevant data manually or by loading a file.
2. Define parameters, the format of saved data, etc. Once all the relevant data is in the system, we need to determine all the other additional details. Depending on the type of software, those may include e.g. the parameters of the products in stock or the parameters in the customer profile. It is essential to clearly define those at this stage as it will ensure you avoid incorrectly saved pieces of information.
3. Add users and grant them roles and authorization levels within the system. Tailor-made solutions are usually employed in big companies where the application is used by multiple users. To ensure the system can function properly, it is important to decide who can view, edit, and add certain data.
4. Train the staff. When signing an agreement with a software house it is worth to note whether the company provides the staff with training in how to use the system. At Kamee we offer both online and face-to-face meetings to help you during the implementation stage. In this way, we can answer the question as they arise via email, live chat, Skype, or phone, at the same time providing you with the required training. This allows us to implement our solutions really fast. Depending on the size of the application it may last a few days up to around two weeks. During that time the users of the system perform all the actions within the software in order to try out all the functions of the application.
5. Use the application daily. Once the training has been completed, you will start using the application daily in your company. Still, our support goes beyond that point. If you still have any questions or queries, your personal IT advisor from Kamee will be available for you. As your needs change, we are here to help design additional functions of the system. In this way, your sofware will develop as your company grows.
The benefits of implementing a bespoke IT solution
The implementation of a dedicated solution is easier than in the case of an off-the-shelff application because a bespoke system will faithfully reflect the processes withing your company. With off-the-shelf solutions, the way you will enter your data is predetermined and so are the modules of the application. If you want to see how long it will take to implement your system, get in touch with us.